|06 Jan||Stuart Pailor Memorial Run (formerly Old Monks)||5.5M||Trail||Entry details|
|02 Feb||South Shields Winter Trail||5k||Trail||Entry Details * make sure you enter correct race|
|15 Mar||Thirsk||10M||Road||Entry Details|
|05 Apr||Manchester Marathon||26.2M or 13.1M or 6.5M *||Road||Entry Details|
|April||Harriers Track Day||400m||Track||Enter via Phil|
|17 May||Pier to Pier||7M||Mixed||Entry Details|
|21 Jun||Aycliffe 10k||10k||Road||Entry Details|
|23 Jul||Cock Crow 5k||5k||Mixed||Event Details|
|August||Either Tom Wall Relays (NYMAC) OR Middlesbrough Mile||1M||Road||TBC|
|27 Sep **||Coxhoe Trail Run||10k||Trail|
* Manchester Marathon rules – you may enter solo or as part of a 2 or 4-person relay team; finishers will be ranked by distance completed, then time (so a person finishing the marathon in 8 hours will still finish ahead of someone finishing the half in 1.5 hours); 2 bonus points will be awarded to anyone providing video evidence of them singing “Blue Moon” as they pass Old Trafford
** dates not yet confirmed
The 2020 Sedgefield Harriers Grand Prix is open to all paid-up first-claim members of the Sedgefield Harriers over the age of 16 on 1st January 2020.
There are six divisions: two elite divisions (one men, one women), followed by four mixed-gender divisions of around 25 (these will change as members join and leave).
All divisions are based on fastest Sedgefield parkrun time of 2019. Where a runner hasn’t run Sedgefield parkrun in 2019, a previous year’s time is taken. Where no time exists, the fastest 5k time available on Power of 10 is taken. Where no previous 5k time exists, runners are ineligible.
For each division, first place receives 10 points, second place 9 points etc.
Bonus points are available for: competing in the Harrier League Cross-Country (2pts per race); volunteering at Harriers events (1pt per event, maximum 2pts); competing in the NYSD track and field competition (2pts per meeting).
The best 7 results are taken from 10 races.
Bonus points will also be awarded for taking part in Grand Prix races as follows:
- 0-2 races: 0 bonus points
- 3-4 races: 2 bonus points
- 5-6 races: 5 bonus points
- 7 or more races: 10 bonus points
Good luck to everyone!
- All athletes must run in their Harriers vest
- Points will only be scored where athletes are paid-up members of the Harriers, i.e. new joiners won’t score points for races run unattached or in another club’s vest, leavers won’t score points in subsequent races
- Where an athlete runs under someone else’s number, this must be notified to the Grand Prix organiser before the race or points will not be scored. If an athlete using someone else’s number runs in a lower category, e.g. a V40 runner using a V60 runner’s number, points will not be scored.
- Where chip time is available, this is used in preference to gun time
- You don’t need to run 7 races to win – your best 7 results count, but if you win without running 7 you still win
Where two athletes finish on the same points, the following will be used to settle a tie –
- athlete with the most points from races (as opposed to bonus points)
- athlete that has won the most runs head to head with competing athlete
- athlete that has entered the most Grand Prix races
- athlete with most volunteering points
- athlete with most XC points
- athlete with most NYSD points
- oldest athlete
- arm wrestle
Roll of HonourFrom 2018, the Grand Prix format was changed to allow two smaller "elite" divisions based on gender and four larger mixed divisions based on ability.
|Year||Men's Elite||Women's Elite||Division One||Division Two||Division Three||Division Four|
|2019||Mark Raine||Rosie Warnett||David Walker||Ian Spencer||Fay Uphill||Helen Frame|
|2018||Chris Lines||Jane Spink||David Walker||Matthew Walker||Andy Corfield||Beth Raine|
|Year||Men's Division One||Women's Division One||Men's Division Two||Women's Division Two|
|2017||Chris Lines||Lisa Darby||Paul Lee||Alda Hummelinck|
|2016||Ray Carmichael||Lisa Darby||David Round||Helen Letts|
|2015||Paul Weir||Tracy Glaister||Paul Glaister||Deb Pennick|
|2014||Paul Weir||Chris Hearmon||-||-|
|2013||Graeme Addison||Gail Bell||-||-|
|2012||Graeme Addison||Diane Baines||-||-|