Roll of HonourFrom 2018, the Grand Prix format was changed to allow two smaller "elite" divisions based on gender and four larger mixed divisions based on ability.
|Year||Men's Elite||Women's Elite||Division One||Division Two||Division Three||Division Four|
|2018||Chris Lines||Jane Spink||David Walker||Matthew Walker||Andy Corfield||Beth Raine|
|Year||Men's Division One||Women's Division One||Men's Division Two||Women's Division Two|
|2017||Chris Lines||Lisa Darby||Paul Lee||Alda Hummelinck|
|2016||Ray Carmichael||Lisa Darby||David Round||Helen Letts|
|2015||Paul Weir||Tracy Glaister||Paul Glaister||Deb Pennick|
|2014||Paul Weir||Chris Hearmon||-||-|
|2013||Graeme Addison||Gail Bell||-||-|
|2012||Graeme Addison||Diane Baines||-||-|
|06 Jan||Stuart Pailor Memorial Run (formerly Old Monks)||5.5M||Trail||Results|
|24 Feb||Tees Barrage Trail||5k||Mixed||Results|
|21 Apr||Harriers Track & Field Day||400m||Track||See main results spreadsheet for results|
|19 May||Pier to Pier||7M||Mixed||Results|
|16 Jun||Durham Coastal Half||13.1M||Mixed||Results|
|11 Jul||Sunderland 5k - two races; results sorted on chip time||5k||Road||Enter race (WOMEN and V50+ MEN)
Enter online (MEN UNDER 50)
|29 Aug||Tom Wall Relays (NYMAC)||1M||Road||Date TBC
Enter via team captains (also TBC)
|22 Sep||Coxhoe Trail Run||10k||Trail||Enter online|
|20 Oct||Yorkshire Marathon OR York 10M||26.2M / 10M||Road||Enter Yorkshire Marathon
Enter Yorkshire 10M
* = date not yet confirmed
The 2019 Sedgefield Harriers Grand Prix is open to all paid-up first-claim members of the Sedgefield Harriers over the age of 16 on 1st January 2018.
There are six divisions: two elite divisions of 6 (one men, one women), followed by four mixed-gender divisions of around 24 (these will change as members join and leave).
All divisions are based on fastest Sedgefield parkrun time of 2018. Where a runner hasn’t run Sedgefield parkrun in 2018, a previous year’s time is taken. Where no time exists, the fastest 5k time available on Power of 10 is taken. Where no previous 5k time exists, runners are ineligible.
For each division, first place receives 10 points, second place 9 points etc.
Bonus points are available for: competing in the Harrier League Cross-Country (2pts per race); volunteering at Harriers events (1pt per event, maximum 2pts); competing in the NYSD track and field competition (2pts per meeting).
The best 7 results are taken from 10 races.
Good luck to everyone!
- All athletes must run in their Harriers vest
- Points will only be scored where athletes are paid-up members of the Harriers, i.e. new joiners won’t score points for races run unattached or in another club’s vest, leavers won’t score points in subsequent races
- Where an athlete runs under someone else’s number, this must be notified to the Grand Prix organiser before the race or points will not be scored. If an athlete using someone else’s number runs in a lower category, e.g. a V40 runner using a V60 runner’s number, points will not be scored.
- Where chip time is available, this is used in preference to gun time
- You don’t need to run 7 races to win – your best 7 results count, but if you win without running 7 you still win
Where two athletes finish on the same points, the following will be used to settle a tie –
- athlete with the most points from races (as opposed to bonus points)
- athlete that has won the most runs head to head with competing athlete
- athlete that has entered the most Grand Prix races
- athlete with most volunteering points
- athlete with most XC points
- athlete with most NYSD points
- oldest athlete
- arm wrestle